Hawksworth Catering Manager
Hawksworth Restaurant Group|Management|Full Time
One of Vancouver’s most prestigious catering companies and restaurants is currently searching for an experienced and organized Catering Manager to help us maintain our exacting standards of excellence and expand the Hawksworth Catering Department further. The Catering Manager is responsible for the successful execution of all functions planned by the Events Department. This includes but is not limited to: offsite functions, York Room functions and Nightingale offsite catering functions.
- Ordering of all rental equipment needed for all events including liaising with kitchen team for their rentals
- Effectively scheduling all staff for functions ensuring attention is paid to working hours and conditions
- Ensuring all details for event executions are communicated to the Leads of the event as dictated by the Sales Team
- Maintaining an appropriate staffing level through all seasons of the business as needed
- Being onsite to ensure all setup is happening in an efficient and correct manner for offsite functions
- Managing any rental staffing needs with our 3rd party company
- Acting as a liaison with the guests at the beginning of events to ensure guest satisfaction and address any issues as they may arise
- During periods of low business, the Catering Manager will assist the restaurant operations as needed with floor support
- Being prepared for and attending all meetings as they relate to Events department
- Helping to develop standards and best practices for service in the department
- Respond in a timely manner to all correspondence
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Catering Manager or Banquet Manager in a high-end restaurant or hotel.
- Extensive Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of meeting space capacities and room set-ups.
- Knowledge of Word, Windows-based software, and Adobe.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assertive, self-starter, self-motivator with a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be comfortable leading a team and delegating tasks appropriately.
- Must be available to work flexible and extended hours and weekends as required.