Junior Sous Chef
Hawksworth Restaurant|Back of House|Full Time
“A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient-led, contemporary cuisine. Vancouver Magazine’s Best Upscale Restaurant every year since its inception, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
We are currently seeking a creative and driven Jr. Sous Chef to join our amazing team of leading professionals in the culinary industry. This position is ideal for ambitious chefs looking to make their mark on Canada’s high-end food scene.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the executive chef to create and develop new dishes and menus;
- Manage stock of ingredients and place orders with vendors when necessary;
- Produce high-quality dishes in keeping with the Hawksworth standards;
- Act as mentor and trainer of up-and-coming young chefs, developing their skill-sets and talent;
- Train and supervise the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to ensure productivity in the kitchen.
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of comparable management experience in a similar setting;
- Accreditation from a culinary school, Red Seal Certificate or equivalent trade paper preferred;
- The ability to lead the team with solid instruction by setting an example of hard work and attention to detail;
- Creativity and a strong interest in new and innovative food trends.
- Compensation is competitive and includes extended health benefits and gratuities.