Hawksworth Restaurant|Back of House|Full Time
We are currently seeking a creative, driven, and experienced Sous Chef to join our amazing team of leading professionals in the culinary industry. This position is ideal for ambitious chefs looking to make their mark on Canada’s high-end food scene.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the executive chef to create and develop new dishes and menus;
• Manage stock of ingredients and place orders with vendors when necessary;
• Produce high-quality dishes in keeping with the Hawksworth standards;
• Act as mentor and trainer of up-and-coming young chefs, developing their skill sets and talent;
• Train and supervise the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to ensure productivity in the kitchen.
• The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of comparable management experience in a similar setting;
• The ability to lead the team with solid instruction by setting an example of hard work and attention to detail;
• Creativity and a strong interest in new and innovative food trends.
Compensation is dependent on experience but does include extended health benefits and gratuities.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Hawksworth team! While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you soon!