Marketing Manager, Social Media & Digital Engagement
Hawksworth Restaurant Group|Management|Full Time
Founded by Chef David Hawksworth in 2011, with the opening of his first eponymous restaurant, Hawksworth Restaurant Group is continually recognized as one of the country’s leading hospitality companies. Hawksworth Restaurant celebrates contemporary Canadian cuisine and was named Restaurant of the Year in 2012 by Canada’s Maclean’s magazine.
Hawksworth Restaurant Group also includes Nightingale, which opened in 2016 in Vancouver’s Coal Harbour neighborhood, echoing the original restaurant’s focus on exemplary service and quality seasonal ingredients, the venue offers a more casual setting and more social approach to dining. Two Bel Café locations downtown and now in Kitsilano.
Chef Hawksworth is also the culinary partner to Air Canada and was selected from the most prominent Chefs from across the country to design innovative, sophisticated and Canadian-influenced seasonal signature dishes exclusively for Air Canada flights in International Business Class and Maple Leaf Lounges.
Marketing Manager, Social Media & Digital Engagement:
Salary: Depending on age and experience
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week, some evenings and weekends required
Benefits: 3 weeks paid holiday per year plus stat holidays
Medical and dental and other perks
Reports to: Communications Director / Operations Director
A full-time salaried position responsible for executing, managing and measuring all aspects of social media content, engagement and digital media strategy. With senior direction and support, the role encompasses working with all Hawksworth Restaurant Group brands related to marketing efforts, specifically with a focus on social media and digital engagement, including but not limited to ,social media management, campaign execution, content creation, advertising, e-news copywriting and distribution, influencer engagement, website design, website update and ROI reporting.
- To create and maintain monthly content calendars for Hawksworth Restaurant, Nightingale, Bel Café and Hawksworth Restaurant across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook platforms.
- To create and draft and distribute content for monthly e-news with a goal to continue to grow and engage HRG database includes writing and some photography
- To monitor and respond to audience engagement across all social platforms, daily
- To monitor and respond to online comments on review platforms including Google, Trip Advisor, Yelp, Open Table, Zomato
- Represent Hawksworth Restaurant Group and individual brands at industry events
- Take notes at internal meetings that can turn into outlines for future planning / digital campaign activity and strategy
- Actively participate in internal brainstorming sessions by offering ideas for each project
- Research and plan online advertising collateral, liaising with design and brand managers
- Research and implement strategies, including promotions, partnerships and advertising to support and grow social media engagements and audiences
- Liaise with key brand partners in digital campaign executions to ensure key messaging is delivered in timely and brand consistent fashion
- Support traditional media outreach with digital/influencer / Instagram engagement campaigns
- Develop and maintain relationships with key social media influencers, Instagrammers, bloggers
- Some evening and weekend event attendance/hosting will be required with time off in lieu
- Report, review and analyze social KPI’s weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (drafting & editing social posts, email correspondence, e-news copy, internal correspondence, reports other communications) with the ability to self-edit, excellent grammar and spelling essential,
- Self-motivated, highly organized, creative and detail orientated
- Marketing or journalism experience essential – degree level or equivalent experience
- Hospitality industry experience, understanding and passion for food and wine with the ability to develop strong internal relationships with chefs, restaurant managers, wine directors, bar managers and baristas
- Computer literate – Mac OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
Web literate, WordPress, Mailchimp or similar programs
- Social media savvy with a focus on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Previous database management and content distribution experience advantageous
- Established contacts in hospitality, food and drink media, influencers advantageous
- A keen eye for taking a great photo and design layouts
- A leader when it comes to both creative ideas and digital media strategy who is always searching for compelling ways to find and share brand stories
- Deeply connected and engaged with the dining/food scene in Vancouver and beyond, on top of food and dining trends globally, with a handle on leading chefs and influencers in hospitality
- A multi-tasker who is excited to juggle many balls and can work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels, building excellent relationships both internally and externally
- Collaborative and will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable and willing to learn
- Past experience in a similar setting is highly valued.